Hey y'all Happy Monday Funday,
Today in the Garden we started watching CNN 10, a ten minutes of objective news for middle and high school scholars. We had great conversations about protest, symbols, violence, and possible solutions. I was extremely impressed with the maturity and open-mindedness of my babies! But you may still have questions and more to discuss at home. These topics are important and can be difficult to address. We must always remember why we take social studies, to learn enough to be the positive agent of change to conflict past, present, and future. "The best way to predict your future is to create it" Abraham Lincoln
1) Please use the resources on the 'News' Tab to discuss this weekend's event in Virginia as a family.
2) Read the the previous post and the PowerPoint on trade barriers. Complete the sketches from today's notes if you have not already done so.
3) Review this week's homework, due Thursday. ( It will be given out in class Tuesday)
4) No tutorial or quiz this week. While there is no quiz you will have a graded stations activity Friday in class on trade barriers. Tutorial starts after Labor Day.
5) You will need a glue stick, scissors, coloring pencils or crayons this week.
*class donations* If you are able to donate an heavy duty hole puncher, copy paper, or Summer Delight Air Wick refills (Thanks Hyken family!) to the Garden it will help a lot.