Hey y'all sorry for the late post!
1) Such the internet with a parent to find the coolest thing about Europe you can find!! We will talk about it tomorrow.
2) Play http://sheppardsoftware.com/European_Geography.htm
3) Quote of the week: Good, better, best! Never let it rest; until you good is better and your better is best!- Unknown
How bad do you want to ace this first test? If you are determined NO ONE CAN STOP YOU!
1) Play study games
2) Check the review sheet below
3) Relax, rest, and eat well prior to Friday's text
Study games below:
1-2 Economic Systems https://quizlet.com/115730567/1-1-economic-systems-flash-cards/
1-3 Trade Barriers https://quizlet.com/218077942/trade-barriers-flash-cards/?new
1-4 Captial & GDP https://quizlet.com/146762891/capital-and-gdp-flash-cards/
1-5 Personal Finance https://quizlet.com/61567278/personal-finance-flash-cards/
Hey Y'all Happy Monday Funday
Here's the big 3:
1) Test Friday 9/1/17 on Economic systems, Trade barriers, Factors of Economic growth, and Personal Finance (PowerPoint posted below). No tutorial. Tutorial will start next week school wide.
2) Homework on Personal Finance will be sent home Tuesday 8/29 (Posted below) on bright pink paper thanks to Hank and his family! Thank you. Homework will always say 'HW' and should be in the homework section of the SS binder. Homework is due on Thursdays.
3) Curriculum night is Tuesday 8/29, parents only. See you there.
"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are willing to learn no one can stop you."-Hilary Hinton, Zig Ziglar
Hey y'all, here's the big 3
1) Homework ' Capital & GDP 1-4 cha' due Thursday posted here!
2) Become an Entrepreneur assignment due Friday after Capital & GDP quiz
3) Capital & GDP Quiz Friday 8.25.17
I understand many scholars will miss school Monday 8.21.17 to experience the solar eclipse. This is a once in a lifetime event, please enjoy. We will catch you back up when you return to The Garden. All scholars should...
1) Read the PowerPoint on Capital and GDP (no need to complete the assignments inside the PowerPoint at home because we will do them in class. Unfinished classwork should be completed at home and placed in the classwork section of your SS binder)
2) Organize SS binder.
**Things you can donate to The Garden** Tissue, copy paper, a heavy duty whole puncher, & Summer Delight Air Wick refills.** Thank you to the Pickering and Hyken family for your donations.
Hey y'all Happy Monday Funday,
Today in the Garden we started watching CNN 10, a ten minutes of objective news for middle and high school scholars. We had great conversations about protest, symbols, violence, and possible solutions. I was extremely impressed with the maturity and open-mindedness of my babies! But you may still have questions and more to discuss at home. These topics are important and can be difficult to address. We must always remember why we take social studies, to learn enough to be the positive agent of change to conflict past, present, and future. "The best way to predict your future is to create it" Abraham Lincoln
1) Please use the resources on the 'News' Tab to discuss this weekend's event in Virginia as a family.
2) Read the the previous post and the PowerPoint on trade barriers. Complete the sketches from today's notes if you have not already done so.
3) Review this week's homework, due Thursday. ( It will be given out in class Tuesday)
4) No tutorial or quiz this week. While there is no quiz you will have a graded stations activity Friday in class on trade barriers. Tutorial starts after Labor Day.
5) You will need a glue stick, scissors, coloring pencils or crayons this week.
*class donations* If you are able to donate an heavy duty hole puncher, copy paper, or Summer Delight Air Wick refills (Thanks Hyken family!) to the Garden it will help a lot.
1) Take your time reading those newspapers. We will use them this week as we start our CNN 10 daily bell ringer work!
2) Please use the PowerPoint below as a resource to help you understand Trade Barriers and the work will we do with them this week
3)" The best way to predict your future is to create it" Abraham Lincoln
1. Read previous post
2. There is no tutorial tomorrow it will start next week
3. Homework is due tomorrow (read previous post)
4. Be sure to study for the quiz using the link in the previous post
5. QUIZ FRIDAY 8/11/17
6. The Garden needs to smell good and I am asking for parents to donate Airwick plug-in (the Summer Delights scent)! We also need copy paper, and an electronic 3 hole puncher!!
1. Read all previous post!
2. Review PowerPoint on economic systems, complete the chart!
3. Explain what a continuum is to your parents.
4. Prepare for quiz using this link
5. Complete homework due Thursday. There are two options, on level and challenge. If you were given the on level version in class please feel free to print and turn in the challenge assignment instead. If you were given the challenge assignment, you must complete it.
6. Text 470-771-2396 or email email@example.com if you have questions, I'm here to help!